Board index WJ-Virtual Operations Fleet Department Majestic Q400 Repaint - *UPDATED TO v1.2*

Majestic Q400 Repaint - *UPDATED TO v1.2*

A place for you to get all your questions answered about our Fleet

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Hey Everyone!

I'm a new member of the WJ-V team and you may know me from my aircraft repainting :). I'm a huge stickler for detail (and possibly have OCD) and have done a fresh repaint for the Majestic Q400. This is the only place to download it, and it features all of the tiny details missing or incorrect from the Majestic release:

What I have changed from the Majestic Release:

- Corrected the colours for FSX/P3D. Both sim's are very bright with their "natural" lighting and as such, I adjust all of my repaints to be slightly darker so that when the textures are loaded in sim, they are as close as possibly to correct! Also I made sure the "white" on the Canadian flag matched the aircraft.

- Corrected the tail flash -
The original author may have saved the image with bitmaps and caused the "staircase" effect when saving. I repainted the tail by hand to reduce the step and get the correct angles when loaded onto the model!

- Correct font for Tail Number and Registration -
The original artist was very close for Majestic, but instead of a bold "Arial" font, I have used the correct font that WestJet uses ;)

- Text Correction - For some reason the "WestJet" text on the fuselage was trimmed. I used a WestJet logo .png and painted it onto the aircraft to be correct. Also note, the "westjet.com" script on the engine nacelles has been centered and uses the correct font now.

- Added Missing Bombardier Logo and WestJet Encore decals -
If you look closely at the Encore Q's, you'll notice under the window Bombardier has left their logo and next to that on the port side of the aircraft it says "WestJet Encore". I couldn't make out the font above from my pictures at YYC due to the distance, so once I can grab that, I'll update the livery!

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this :) I plan on doing a few more for different tail numbers once I have the missing scripture. You can download the repaint from the link below and this is the only place to get the correct paint :)

*UPDATE FOR DECEMBER 18th 2015*

The textures have been updated from DXT 5 to 32 BIT as they were saved as the incorrect format in the previous version. This will give the textures the correct crisp lines as intended.*

Majestic Q400 v1.2 Pack
Last edited by Robbie Nauffts on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving."
Robbie Nauffts
WJA0136

Post Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:47 pm
Nicolas Moreau Site Admin

Very nice Robbie! 8-)

Thank you!

Post Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:03 am

Great one...Thank you

***NOVEMEBER 23 2015 UPDATE***

I use REX and since not all users use REX I was told by a tester that the aircraft still appeared light in the default FSX lighting. The v1.1 update darkens the aircraft slightly and adds a second fin number 426. I have tested them with the default light and FSX/P3D and it looks bang on! The link in the original post has been updated.
Robbie Nauffts
WJA0136

Updated to V 1.2
Robbie Nauffts
WJA0136

Nicolas Moreau Site Admin

Robbie Nauffts wrote:
Updated to V 1.2

Thx 8-)

I'm not past repackaging everything for a tiny update that most people would miss :)
Robbie Nauffts
WJA0136

Return to Fleet Department